UK Tier 1 “Investor” Visa
The Tier 1 “Investor” visa is for high-net worth individuals who wish to make a substantial investment in the UK but do not want to spend all their time living in the UK. One could call this category a “UK Citizenship by Investment” program.
- Invest £2,000,000 or more in UK government bonds, share capital or loan capital in active and trading UK registered companies. You can apply to settle (Indefinite Leave to Remain) after 5 years.
- Work or study
- Apply to settle after 2 years if you invest £10 million
- Apply to settle after 3 years if you invest £5 million
You cannot invest in companies mainly engaged in property investment, property management or property development. Investment in most other types of businesses will qualify and we can assist in finding opportunities.
- You should apply for entry clearance at least 3 months before you wish to travel to the UK.
- You should get your decision in around 3 to 4 weeks.
- The visa will be issued initially for 3 years and 4 months after which you can extend it for another 2 years which takes you over the “indefinite leave to remain” (ILR) threshold.
- We will advise you how to structure your application to achieve a successful result including starting your own trading company or portfolio investments via our FCA-registered partners.
- We will assist you in making the initial entry clearance application so you and your dependents can come to live in the UK.
- We will take care of the final 2 year extension and the ILR application at the end of the visa period enabling you to obtain “settlement” status in the UK and after that UK citizenship.
Our responsibility to you extends over the full 5 year visa period until you obtain settlement status or a British passport. We remain truly your “partners” in helping you to achieve your dream of settling in the UK with your family, establishing a business here, sending your children to a UK school or purchasing a home in the UK.