UK Work & Investor Visas

Tier 2 Sponsor licences for Employers to hire or transfer migrants on work visas to service UK client contracts or Tier 1 Investor & Entrepreneur visas for individuals to invest, live and work in UK and to acquire UK citizenship in due course. Below are some common business scenarios and the solutions we offer.


UK Tier 2 “Work” visas – Sponsorship Licence

The client has a software, IT, engineering or other business abroad and has UK clients to service. He needs to send foreign staff to work in the UK or to hire migrants already in the UK. He needs to service those UK customers by sending skilled workers from outside the EU (e.g. engineers, bankers or other professionals from abroad) to work on UK projects. The client needs to set-up a UK company. The company will then apply for a Tier 2 Sponsor Licence. The licensing process takes roughly 2 to 3 months. A T2 Intra-Company Transfer (ICT) licence enables migrants who have been employed by the group overseas for a stipulated period to be immediately deputed to the UK for up to 5 years. A Tier 2 General licence allows the UK employer to employ migrants already in the UK or to employ new hires from abroad.  Work visas require a minimum salary level to be paid.  There are certain “shortage occupations” such as in the automobile and aerospace engineering design and development sectors where there are fast-track processes for work visas for suitably qualified and experienced migrants.


UK Tier 1 Investor Visa

The businessman and his family wish to have British citizenship or a second passport but the businessman himself cannot afford to spend substantial time in the UK as he has a business to run abroad. The solution is for the spouse to apply for a UK Tier 1 Investor Visa which involves investing £2m, £5m or £10 in UK government bonds, cash deposits, share or loan capital in UK companies. This gives the investor an immediate visa to bring himself and his family to live in the UK. This visa leads to permanent residency (Indefinite Leave to Remain or ILR) in 5, 3 or 2 years respectively depending on the size of the investment and to UK citizenship a year after ILR.  It is also possible to obtain a Tier 1 Investor visa instead of a student visa for a young member of a wealthy family who intends to study in the UK.  The Investor visa gives the young person the right to apply for British citizenship after 5 years whereas the student visa does not.


UK Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa

The client wants to qualify for UK citizenship by actually residing in the UK himself and running a UK business. Under the Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa the client can obtain UK citizenship by investing £200,000 in a UK business. The client needs to physically be in the UK for at least 9 months each year over the 5 year qualifying period leading to ILR and subsequently UK citizenship.

For futher information regarding our UK visa services please email:

RKG Consulting provides tax, immigration and accounting solutions. Our principal adviser is a "Chartered Tax Adviser" and is also an OISC-licensed immigration practitioner. We can provide a seamless service incorporating both tax and immigration solutions. If you have any queries, please feel free to contact us by telephone: +44 77 66 828 851
Contact us by email: or use the form below.

Contact Us