RKG Consulting offers a full range of accounting and tax compliance services such as:
- Company secretarial services such as provision of a Company Secretary; preparation & filing of Annual Return forms and Confirmation statements at Companies House; maintenance of the registers for directors, shareholders, fixed assets, charges, share transfers and allotments; maintenance of share certificates and generally ensuring all the statutory matters are up to date and your company is safe and protected.
- Provision of a registered office with an address in the prestigious Piccadilly Circus area of central London.
- Forwarding of postal mail, fax, emails and answering the telephone in the name of your company.
- Payroll: processing of staff payslips, salary payments/BACS lists to banks & submission of RTI/end of year PAYE/NI returns.
- Pension Auto-enrolment: staff assessments to ascertain whether they need to be put into a pension scheme, choosing a pension scheme, making contributions into the scheme, writing to staff and completing your declaration of compliance.
- VAT returns: both UK and other VAT returns covering other European countries such as France, Germany, Netherlands, Sweden, Belgium, Spain, Italy, Poland, Czech Republic, Switzerland and so on.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and annual financial statements.
- Preparation and submission of UK corporation tax returns (CT600 forms) and other statutory statements to the relevant UK authorities.
- Preparation of personal, partnership and trust tax returns, filing with HMRC and dealing with HMRC correspondence.
- We work with UK and international banks to raise finance for new projects, business expansion, buy-to-let investment portfolios or other residential and commercial investment in UK property.
- Assistance in opening UK bank accounts.
The above are just a small sample of the accountancy services we provide. Please contact us to find out how we may help you regarding the services you are seeking.
Outsourcing services for accountants, trust companies and corporate services providers
We established our own accounting back-office in India in 2004 where we employ staff under our own management and control. We do not outsource work to third-party suppliers but maintain our own “captive” book-keeping and accounting operations for which RKG Consulting takes full responsibility.
Our outsourcing services include the following below.
Financial & management accounting
- Maintenance of sales, suppliers, fixed asset & general Ledgers.
- Preparation of annual accounts & financial statements in accordance with UK GAAP & International Accounting Standards such as IFRS.
- Monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements for management.
- Monthly Budgetary accounting and reporting on Variances.
- Cash flow and Profit forecasts, bank reconciliations & data investigations.
- Preparation of Value Added Tax (VAT) returns.
- Preparation of Limited Liability Partnership / Limited Partnership accounts.
- Preparation of accounts for General Partnerships.
- Preparation of Company Secretarial forms and returns such as the Annual Return.
- Preparation of accounts for Trusts and Hybrid Entities.
- Processing of complex & multi-jurisdictional payrolls including expatriate payrolls, pensions, auto-enrolment, tax equalisation, modified PAYE, home / host country benefits etc.
- Calculation of the Net Asset Value (NAV) including the calculation of the funds income and expense accruals
- Preparation of semi-annual and annual accounts
- Maintenance of the funds financial books and records
- Payment of the funds expenses
- Calculation and payment of dividends and distributions (if required)
- All back up documents underlying the books and records and the staff that maintain them.
- Supervision of the orderly liquidation and dissolution of the fund (if required)
- Provision of client customised P&L and portfolio reports including trader sector and strategy bifurcation.
- Tax accounting services including income characterization, wash sale reporting and utilisation of aggregate and layering allocation methodologies.
- Co-ordination with external auditors for annual audit and regulatory reporting.
Trust accounting and administration services
We can assist in the following ways in the maintenance of trust records, the preparation of trust accounts and tax returns and in trust administration.
Maintenance and regular updates of Permanent File
Details of the settlor, domicile, residence and ordinary residence status and deemed domiciled status for inheritance tax purposes.
- Monitoring the above status at the time the settlement was created, the time property was added and subsequent changes.
- Dates on which the settlement was created and on which property was added.
- The date of the settlor’s death.
- A summary of the capital distributions and appointments from the trust.
- Names and addresses of trustees and a brief summary of trustee changes.
- Names and addresses of present and future beneficiaries, dates of birth and marriage and relationship to the settlor.
- Dates on which the trust interest will vest in the future.
- Dates of changes of power of trustees.
- Matters of particular relevance to the tax status and contingent liabilities of the trust funds.
- Information relevant for capital gains tax purposes.
Preparation of the constituent figures comprising the trust accounts such as:
Balance sheet of the whole trust estate
- Various capital accounts
- Various income accounts
- Accumulation accounts where these are maintained separately from capital
- Schedules and subsidiary accounts, schedules of investments, detailing movements thereon and income derived therefrom
- Notes explaining movements in major items appearing in any of the above documents.
In relation to the Notes and Schedules to the accounts, maintaining records of:
- Each investment, its nominal value and base cost.
- Details of any sales or purchases.
- Market value of investments.
- Interest and dividends received and any associated tax credits.
- Details of any foreign withholding tax.
- Expenses of collection.
- Providing monthly statements of NAVs etc.
Trust administration services
- Primary identification services
- Secondary identification services
- Reference verification
- Information handover on accepting a new assignment – copy of the trust deed and any deeds of amendment, copy of letter of wishes, copies of ancillary trust deeds, deeds of inclusion/exclusion, deeds of appointment and retirement of trustees, accounts since inception, list of current assets, information regarding any underlying companies.
- Registration of trust property in new trustees’ name.
- Check investments are authorised by the trust deed.
- Check property is fully insured.
Maintain records of the following:
- Ratification of trustees’ minutes
- Review of annual accounts
- Review of investment policy statement
- Review of investment managers’ performance
- Review of appropriateness of set benchmarks
- Review of changes in beneficiaries’ circumstances
- Consideration of trustees’ discretionary powers of payment of capital/income.
Enhancing relationship with beneficiaries
- Timely notification of investment changes
- Early provision of information or tax certificates to beneficiaries or their tax advisers
- Speedy response to beneficiaries’ requests and queries
Maintaining information on trusts
- Nature of trust: fixed interest, discretionary, A&M or other.
- Details of settlor: name, nationality, domicile/residence, age, marital status.
- Beneficiaries: name, age, relationship, nationality, residence/domicile.
- Trust distribution: during lifetime / following death of settlor as to income/capital.
- Description of trust assets: listed, non-listed equities, bonds, etc.
- Details of real estate held: type of property (residential/commercial), property address, details of letting / management agents, occupiers, etc.
- Details of underlying companies – name, place of incorporation, directors, place of residence.
- Management of assets: details of asset manager.
- Details of settlor’s investment objectives.
- Details of any lending, degree of control by settlor and country-specific considerations.
- Information regarding trust deeds.
- Verification of identity of settlor.
- Due diligence regarding purchase of trust property.
- Due diligence regarding sale of trust property
Trust tax management & compliance
- Preparation of trust and estate tax return.
- Preparation of supplementary pages e.g Trust and Estate Capital Gains pages.
- Calculation and payment of tax.
- Preparation of tax certificate for beneficiaries on payments of income to them.
- Preparation of tax Form on setting up the trust.
- Preparation of Form for accounting for chargeable event.
More details of our accounting and tax compliance services can be found under the attached links.