UK/China Approved Destination Status (ADS) agreement

GROUP TRAVEL – UK/China Approved Destination Status (ADS) Agreement

If you want to come to the UK from China as part of a group of tourists for 30 days or less, you can apply as a visitor under the ADS agreement. You cannot extend your stay at the end of your visit. You must obtain a visa before you can come to the UK as a visitor under the ADS agreement.


To be a visitor under the ADS agreement, you must be a national of the People’s Republic of China. You must be able to show that you:

  • intend to visit the UK for no more than 30 days;
  • intend to enter, leave and travel within the UK as a member of a tourist group of 5 or more people under the ADS Memorandum of Understanding;
  • intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit;
  • have enough money to support and accommodate yourself without working or help from public funds, or you and any dependants will be supported and accommodated by relatives or friends; and
  • can meet the cost of the return or onward journey.

You must also be able to show that, during your visit, you do not intend to:

  • take paid or unpaid employment, produce goods or provide services, including the selling of goods or services directly to members of the public; or
  • do a course of study.

Documents and information required

Type of documents/information requiredDetails
Passports etcA valid passport/travel document, 2 passport size colour photos, previous passports, evidence of marital status.
Current employment or studies-Letter from your employer on company headed paper detailing your salary & length of employment, confirming that you have been given time off work & stating whether this time off is paid or unpaid, payslips or tax returns.

– If student, letter from education provider on headed paper confirming your enrolment and leave of absence

– If Business Owner, business registration documents confirming the owner’s name & date when business started trading.

Your finances & employmentBank statements, bank letters, tax returns, payslips etc
Accommodation in UKHotel & travel booking confirmation emails, travel agency docs, details of itinerary, invitation letters, UK passport details of friends/business contacts in UK, evidence of correspondence

RKG Consulting can assist you with the necessary forms to obtain Entry Clearance to the UK.  Please contact Mr Raj Ganguly.