GROUP TRAVEL – UK/China Approved Destination Status (ADS) Agreement
If you want to come to the UK from China as part of a group of tourists for 30 days or less, you can apply as a visitor under the ADS agreement. You cannot extend your stay at the end of your visit. You must obtain a visa before you can come to the UK as a visitor under the ADS agreement.
To be a visitor under the ADS agreement, you must be a national of the People’s Republic of China. You must be able to show that you:
- intend to visit the UK for no more than 30 days;
- intend to enter, leave and travel within the UK as a member of a tourist group of 5 or more people under the ADS Memorandum of Understanding;
- intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit;
- have enough money to support and accommodate yourself without working or help from public funds, or you and any dependants will be supported and accommodated by relatives or friends; and
- can meet the cost of the return or onward journey.
You must also be able to show that, during your visit, you do not intend to:
- take paid or unpaid employment, produce goods or provide services, including the selling of goods or services directly to members of the public; or
- do a course of study.
Documents and information required
|Type of documents/information required||Details|
|Passports etc||A valid passport/travel document, 2 passport size colour photos, previous passports, evidence of marital status.|
|Current employment or studies||-Letter from your employer on company headed paper detailing your salary & length of employment, confirming that you have been given time off work & stating whether this time off is paid or unpaid, payslips or tax returns.|
– If student, letter from education provider on headed paper confirming your enrolment and leave of absence
– If Business Owner, business registration documents confirming the owner’s name & date when business started trading.
|Your finances & employment||Bank statements, bank letters, tax returns, payslips etc|
|Accommodation in UK||Hotel & travel booking confirmation emails, travel agency docs, details of itinerary, invitation letters, UK passport details of friends/business contacts in UK, evidence of correspondence|
RKG Consulting can assist you with the necessary forms to obtain Entry Clearance to the UK. Please contact Mr Raj Ganguly. email@example.com.